Business Transformation Services.
Our services not only cover your entire transformation life-cycle, but you can jump in at any point. For example: If you are currently running a legacy ERP application and are considering a modern ERP solution, but are concerned your existing processes may be able to be updated or streamline what you have to improve overall performance, MPR’s team can come in and do an analysis of your existing processes and help you identify the best path forward.
Perhaps you have already acquired a new ERP solution, but the implementation project is in danger of failing, We can come in and help you identify the risks, the reason for the disruption, and even take over as Project Management Office (PMO) with the tool necessary to ensure not only you come live on the ERP application, but that your goals and initiatives are realized.
Possibly you are live on a new platform, the company has had the party and you realize that as much as we are live, we are not realizing all the promises made about ROI, smooth operations. By the way, what happened to “Digital Transformation”, is that just a buzzword? The fact is, it is not just a buzzword, however your not alone in that so many businesses are just so happy to put the multi year project of implementation behind them, they forget about why they purchased the software to begin with. Please take the time to read on about how we can help you “transform” your company.
Key Services we provide
Analysis & Planning
Helping our Clients
After years of Selling, Deploying, Transforming, and Supporting Enterprise Software Applications (such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft & INFOR) in many industries, we have certainly seen our share of approaches and understand the “do’s and don’ts of how to set expectation & manage transformation projects.
Our focus is not on “getting you live” on a software platform (that’s just a step along the way) , but at a minimum ensuring you realize the goals, benefits, and directives you had, when starting the project to begin with. Sounds simple, but 98% of the projects start with these directives, end with “I’m so excited we finally came live” and lost the real purpose of why this was done to begin with.
We Also Provide Hands-On Workshops & Talks
Our team has worked as professors teaching at Universities and Private industry on topics such as Data Science, Project Management, Process improvement, Forecasting and a host of topics that lead to realizing value, ROI and optimum outcomes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Digital Transformation?
Lets start with what it is not: It is not coming live on a new software platform (as much as the Software vendor may suggest this. Digital transformation takes a customer-driven, digital-first approach to all aspects of a business, from its business models to customer experiences to processes and operations. A true Digital Transformation starts with replacing your current legacy application, and coming live on a modern ERP solution, (a solution that is a “system of action” and not just a “system of record”). Then comes the transformation process. This includes adopting all the features within the software that apply to your business (remember modern ERP solutions cover much more functionality today than when they first came out). Leveraging more and more of the system over time. An example might be: moving away from the disparate PLM system, and using the integrated PLM system that is able to interface with (or act as) your PDM and CAD/CAM applications. This continues until you realize the full potential of the application and optimize your operations to run better than ever before and driving to become a disruptive force in your industry.
What steps are required for a Digital Transformation
According to MIT Sloan Management Review, “Digital Transformation is better thought of as continual adaptation to a constantly changing environment.” As much as we agree, this means (based on the word Transformation (which is best defined as a singular event or process)), Digital Transformation is a misnomer. Digital Transformation is about continually leveraging technology to support and adapt (in an optimal manner), to an ever-changing business environment. The steps necessary in Digital Transformation depend largely on where you are at in your technology Lifecycle. We are happy to talk with you about where you are at and how you may best achieve your goals, but this is a very individual conversation.
WHAT are the Key components of A SUCCESSFUL GO-LIVE?
Drawing from our experience and data that has been collected regarding this topic, the following points need to be considered and acted upon.
- Have a clear vision of your expectations at each step of the process. This includes organizational as well as operational goals.
- Have a strategy & roadmap on how those goals will be realized.
- Don’t try to boil the entire ocean. To realize the full potential, small steps are typically required.
- Ownership and/or the C-level must be involved. You are the Captain'(s) of the ship and you must communicate the directives, attend Steering Committee meetings, and support the effort through the completion
- Don’t try to manage the project yourself or assign the task to your software vendor. Build the team with the right resources. Your team MUST be involved and you need to have a plan for backfilling the team that will be assigned to the project. The Software Vendor must install, configure, train, and bring you live, on the applications they sold and accommodate using your data. That is a tall order and what they will be focused on You need a Project Manager that can direct, monitor, and report the status in an unbias way.
- Be prepared for Change. Everyone has entered into this engagement with the best intentions, however, just as in life, there will be change. Ensure you have a formal process that includes the Steering Committee for managing change.
- With frequency monitor the sediment of the Team. This is a source of identifying risk throughout the project.
- Watch the Rundown Chart, and ensure tasks are being completed timely and that you stay on track.
What applications can be used to manage projects
At MPR we have developed a multi-user cloud based project management tool that can be used to drive all aspects of your project. We are also well versed on common applications such as Microsoft Project in both desktop and cloud settings, as well as a plethra of other tools. We believe the tools are just that (tools), but it is the knowledge of how to successfuly mange large scale projects that sets MPR ahead of our compeditors.
Do you offer PMO services?
We can work with your in-house or vendor provided PMO office, or we can provide Project Management Office services to your project directly.
Our team of practitioners are well versed in Portfolio, Program and Project management, and the roles required in each of these areas.
How can we engage you with your services
We support our clients through all aspects of the life cycle known as Digital Transformation shown at the top of this page. these are categorized as:
- Technology Strategy
- Implementation and Execution
- Ongoing Support as your Business and Technology evolves.
We are happy to speak with you regard how we can help support your initiatives and goals. Like any business we bill for the Software and services we provide, however we strongly believe in charging only when value is provided. Please head over to our “Contact us” page as we provide different methods based on what works best for you.